Sunday, November 9, 2014

Mom's Classic Chili

With temps dropping and a big winter storm moving in tonight, it was time to break out Mom's Chili recipe.  I know it's not technically "soup," but we were looking for something hearty for dinner and to have for lunch tomorrow.  This is my go to recipe for a classic chili.  In fact, I still use the original recipe my mom e-mailed me while I was in college.  Don't forget the Fritos Scoops, cheddar cheese and sour cream to make this dish!  Enjoy!

Mom's Classic Chili
Mom's Classic Chili Recipe

2 pounds hamburger
2 cans chili beans
1 can light kidney beans
1 29 oz and 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 8 oz can tomato paste
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Brown the hamburger and drain. Add browned hamburger, tomato sauce, and tomato paste to a large pot over medium heat. Add all spices and simmer for 3 hours. Add chili beans and kidney beans. Simmer for another 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment