Sunday, November 16, 2014

Homemade Egg Noodles

I remember my mom would make her Chicken Noodle Soup in huge batches, enough to feed an army (or our family of 6 for a week), and this meant there would be egg noodles drying on every flat surface in the house.  I thought my mom slaved over these noodles, but then I found a recipe and tried it for myself.  I couldn't believe how easy these were to make.  Nothing makes Chicken Noodle Soup like homemade Egg Noodles!  It may add an extra 15-20 minutes to your prep, but it is totally worth it.

Homemade Egg Noodles


Homemade Egg Noodles

3 egg yolks

1 whole egg
6 T cold water
2 tsp salt
2 cups flour

In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk eggs until well mixed. Beat in water and salt. Stir in flour with a spoon until combined . Once combined, separate into two balls.  Roll each ball out thin and cut into thins strips using a pizza cutter.  Allow noodles to dry on a baking sheet with parchment paper (or a clean cheese cloth).

    









No comments:

Post a Comment